Building your own integration with a shipping platform
Ongoing WMS provides integrations with many shipping platforms, but some customers choose to write their own integration.
You can use the automation API to create an integration between Ongoing WMS and a shipping platform like this:
- Create an automation webhook which triggers every time an order reaches the status Sent. Select which transporters you want to trigger the webhook for. Also select additional beneficial filters to reduce traffic.
- When the webhook is triggered, your webhook receiver will receive an order ID.
- Your webhook process can use the API call GetOrdersByQuery to retrieve the order from Ongoing WMS.
- Since the webhook will be triggered for all orders passing the filter, it may be necessary for your webhook process to decide whether to proceed with the order. As an example, your webhook process can use the Transporter field to determine if the order has the correct transporter.
- If your webhook process should not proceed, then you can simply stop processing.
- Otherwise, your webhook process makes the necessary transport bookings, by making API calls to some other system.
Once the transport booking has been made, your webhook process can use the following API calls to send back information to Ongoing WMS:
- UploadOrderFile - can be used to attach one or more PDFs to an order.
- UpdateOrder - can be used to add a tracking link to an order.
- CreatePrintJob - can be used to print the above-mentioned PDFs.
- ReportOrderTransportStatusEvent - can be used to inform the warehouse of various events (such as "the order has been delivered to the end customer").